As a certified Hypnobabies® Hypno-Doula, I am able to provide labor assistance to moms and their partners who have already taken a hypno-childbirth class, such as Hypnobabies® or Hypnobirthing.
A Trained Hypno-Doula can easily:
1. Learn and practice Hypnobabies techniques and hypno-cues ahead of time with the Hypno-couple in a few Birthing Rehearsals, as well as use only Hypnobabies language and techniques at all times. This reinforces your practice and helps form a bond between you and your doula.
2. Be a liaison for the couple with hospital staff, explaining that they need darkness, solitude and quiet, keeping distraction to a minimum, etc.
3. Learn and use hypnotic Deepening techniques with the Hypno-mom, for use in Transformation (transition) stage.
4. Help with Fear Clearing and hypno-cues during your Birthing Time (trading off with the Birth Partner when he/she is tired, but not replacing the Birth Partner).
5. Learn and use Hypnobabies pushing techniques and with the Hypno-mom, for use in her pushing stage.
6. Help the Hypno-mom get up to change positions or go to the bathroom immediately after a birthing wave is over as the mom has learned to do. This and many other Hypno-Doula training techniques help the Hypnobabies birthing mother to remain in hypnosis as she changes positions, using Birth Prompts and her “Lightswitch” and “Peace” cues.
7.Remember that positional changes and upright positions are mainly used for descent and positioning of the baby and not for comfort in a Hypnobabies birth. When using hypnosis for childbirth, physical comfort comes from using hypnosis to flow deeper inside the inner mind, which also creates the deepest physical relaxation possible.
For my Hypno-clients, I will provide:
* 1 prenatal meeting to discuss your upcoming childbirth, and how to further use your positioning to further enhance fetal positioning and engagement * 1 prenatal meeting for your birthing rehearsal and to reinforce your hypnosis techniques * pre-natal support via phone, text, and email for questions, and encouragement. * On-call status for your birthing time starting at 38 weeks. * Full support for you and your partner to help with positioning, hypnosis cues and techniques * plus much more!